Thursday, April 26, 2012

2GB video card - Is it good?

I recently heard that the guy who fixes my computer was going to install me a "2GB video card". Now, I really don't know much about video cards.



Is a 2GB video card a good video card for gaming? Thanks in advance.|||Hmm, considering 1GB video cards just started coming out, I'd say he was BS'ing you. And I am beign serious when I say that. Find out from him the exact model of video card, as he has sold you something that will not live up to the line he fed you.



In any case, currently anything over 512Meg on a video card is overkill unless you are running a seriously large display, over 30 inches.|||Thera are many factors that determine a graphics card's overall performance. The amount of RAM....is your case 2GB is one of those factors. That being said....2GB is a LARGE amount of RAM for a video card. Check out the ATI HD4870 X2. These are very high-performance graphics cards.|||the ram on a graphics card isnt really important above 512MB unless you are running a game at really high resolutions. 2GB in my opinion is overkill. i would be more interested in what actual card he is putting in.|||2gb ??? i highly doubt hes putting a $400 part in your computer



2gb is very high end for video its up there with the most expensive and close to the top of the charts as the biggest cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment